#LoveLansing through Micro Missions
Through our oﬀering at the 2012 Christmas Eve services, we have allocated a small amount of money to seed a Micro Mission fund. These funds will be distributed as grants to Life Groups that come up with ideas for ways to love the city of Lansing in practical ways and provide opportunities to love Lansing eternally by making paths for the Gospel to be heard. We would like these missions to pave the way for our new Lansing Venue, scheduled to launch in the fall of 2013.
This fund is to be used in a way that is:
- Relational: We want to build relationships with people. Look for ideas that emphasize loving our neighbors and the people all around us, speciﬁcally in Lansing.
- Communal: We are called to mission as a community. Grants will be given to Life Groups who will carry out a plan as a group.
- Sacriﬁcial: It is important that those applying for grants demonstrate a level of sacriﬁce in their own giving of resources (time, money, etc.). Think through what you are individually willing to sacriﬁce for this mission.
- Helpful: Does the idea actually help the people it is intended to help? How is this "Micro Mission" going to be helpful?
- Applications must be submitted by Valentine’s Day (Thursday, February 14).
- Life Groups will be notified of the status of their application by Friday, March 1.
- Micro Mission projects must be completed before Wednesday, December 25, 2013. Reports must also be emailed to Pastor Dan Price at Dan@RivChurch.com by that day.