Riverview Stephen Ministers make themselves available to help men and women eighteen years and older who are going through difficult times. Our goal is to provide distinctively Christian care to those facing life's challenges. Stephen Ministers meet with individuals confidentially on a weekly basis, or as often as necessary, for as long as necessary. Stephen Ministers are not pastors, counselors, or therapists. Just well-trained and compassionate individuals who want to listen and help.
Click here to watch a video and learn more about Stephen Ministry.
Interested in Becoming a Stephen Minister?
One training class is held each Fall. Applications for the class beginning training in October of 2011 are now being accepted.
- Click here to download general information about Stephen Ministry
- Click here to download the 2012-13 training schedule
- Click here to apply to become a Stephen Minister online
or click here to print an application to turn in to the Riverview Office
Stephen Ministry Contacts
- For general info about Stephen Ministry or questions about training, call Judy at 517-646-6197, or email Judy.Russ@RivChurch.com.
- With questions about the Stephen Ministry supervision process, email Barb.Strong@RivChurch.com.
- Click here to request a Stephen Minister for yourself or a friend.
(If you or someone you know could benefit from this kind of one-to-one time, please request a Stephen Minister. They’re waiting to help! A Stephen Ministry leader will call you within a day or so to talk and answer any questions you may have.)
For Current Stephen Ministers
Peer Supervision Occurs Twice Each Month
Each second Thursday at 6:30 pm at Riverview's Holt Venue, all active Stephen Ministers meet together for support, continuing education, and peer supervision.
Interested in becoming a Stephen Minister? Click on the TRAININGS tab for information and to submit your application! Our next class begins in October. We are looking for 25 caring people to be trained for Christian Caregiving.
Men and women 18 years and older who are going through challenging times in their life.
To provide destinctively Christian caregiving to those facing life challenges.
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
General Information & Training: Matt (517-449-8178) (Matt.Kreh@RivChurch.com)
Referrals & Applications: Judy (517-646-6197) (Judy.Russ@RivChurch.com)
Supervision: Barb (Barb.Strong@RivChurch.com)
Request a Riverview Stephen Minister
There are friends here at Riverview who waiting to help!
It is easy to request a Stephen Minister!
Just email your name, phone number, and the best time to contact you to Judy.Russ@RivChurch.com. Or you can call Judy at 517-646-6197.
What is Riverview Stephen Ministry?
Willing and trained individuals from Riverview who want to help you through a difficult time in your life. They meet with you confidentially on a weekly basis for as long as you need them. They can help you talk through a situation, process your thoughts & emotions in a caring yet unbiased way. They are someone you can trust.
Stephen Ministers are not pastors. They're not counselors. They're not therapists. Just well-trained and compassionate individuals who want to listen and help. There is no cost.
If you or someone you know could benefit from some one-to-one time...click the 'refer' button and fill in the information. Someone will be in touch with you.
Some common challenges include...
- lost a close relationship
- struggling with same sex attraction
- going through a spiritual crisis
- discerning your life direction
- struggling with pornography
- difficulty with your job
- marriage relationships
- issues with children/step children
- elderly parent care
- terminally ill (or have loved ones who are)
- terminal illness
- first child
- health issues
- ......the list is endless......
You May Be a Stephen Minister Candidate If . . .
Posted on Thursday, Sep 13, 2012
- You can hang with someone going through a difficult period in his or her life.
- You find yourself gravitating to people in need.
- People tend to share their deepest concerns with you because they trust you.
- You are ready to take this gift to the next level . . . distinctively Christ centered care.
If this describes you, please see a Stephen Ministry representative at the table in the lobby after a service at the Holt Venue on September 22, 23, 29, or 30, or email Judy.Russ@RivChurch.com for more info about being trained as a Stephen Minister. Training starts soon.