With each announcement that’s published and each week we progress through this year, there have been, and continue to be, unique hardships that weigh heavy on all of us. Even with tough decisions and differing opinions, we all have the opportunity to look at each other with love and give grace to ourselves and others.
With the new set of guidelines from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, there are some changes around Riv we want you to be aware of. These are made out of caution and care for our church family, volunteers, and Riv staff.
- Our December Prayer and Worship Night is postponed
- We’re asking Life Groups and Riv Communities to meet digitally
Scripture over and over again gives us examples of bringing our pain, difficulties, and circumstances to God in prayer. Just as we thank Him for His blessings, He longs for us to bring our hardships to Him in prayer. Would you keep praying for our church, our community, and our leaders?
- Pray for physical healing of those who are sick
- Pray for opportunities to engage others in the love and truth of the Gospel
- Pray for our leaders making difficult decisions
- Pray for yourself, to go to God with your hardships and be filled with His peace and love
- Pray for us all to be encouraged by Scripture and to connect with our online community
As we look forward to meeting again in person, we will continue to monitor guidelines and restrictions, seeking to make the wisest and safest choices for our church family. For now, we are still gathering weekly online for our weekend service, Sunday Morning at 10am. Join us live at rivchurch.com.
If you or anyone you know are going through an especially difficult time right now, we are here for you and would love to connect with you. Please check out some of our care teams or fill out this form and we’ll be in touch.